Gaia Project Wooden Storage Inserts - Compatible with Gaia Project Base Game
Enhance your gaming with the new storage system for the Gaia Project tabletop game!
- AMAZING DESIGN. A perfect game needs a perfect organizer! That’s the thought we had creating our storage box for the Gaia Project board game. We’ve made it not just to help you store the game, but also to enrich the gaming atmosphere during the game night. Painted in a cosmic gray color, our organizer will be a star attraction of the night! Each player will have a two-level faction tray with the corresponding planet engraved on its acrylic cover. Talking about the engravings, we’ve added special indicators on the bottom of our Cards and Tiles tray to help you put the game components in the right places.
- COMPATIBLE WITH the Gaia Project base game. Our inserts will perfectly fit the original game box. There’s no need to look for any additional storage space! You will also be able to store the box vertically - the items won’t mix up. The inserts will prolong the life of the game elements thanks to the durable birch plywood the organizer is made of.
- GAME CONVENIENCE. Our Gaia Project storage box will definitely improve your gaming experience! For example, one of the token trays intended for resource tokens has a bottom rounded on one side, so you can take the tokens out easier. The trays have separate slots for each kind of tokens and tiles which organizers them conveniently – you won’t need to look for the item you need in a bunch of game elements! All the trays can be used during the game. This will help you to save your game space and to enjoy the game even more!
- EASY ASSEMBLY. Our Gaia Project inserts require assembly, but it won’t take much time and effort. The assembly process is fast and easy, especially with the help of our step-by-step instructions. Please note, that wood glue is needed to build up the organizer. GLUE IS NOT INCLUDED. PLEASE BUY IT SEPARATELY!
- IDEAL GAME ACCESSORY. Gaia Project is the game you will love. And what can be better than a perfect accessory for your favorite game? We at Smonex created this cosmic organizer with all our love for the game and you will feel it in every detail!
- Please follow the instructions while assembling the organizer
- To assemble each tray you need wood glue for extra strength.
- Please make sure you assembled each tray correctly before gluing it together.
- You may fix the box with rubber bands after gluing it. This will save you time and simplify the assembly.
- Leave your finished insert overnight to dry completely.
The box includes 19 elements:
- 14 x Player Trays
- 2 x Token Trays
- 1 x Cards and Tiles Tray
- 1 x Standard Tech Tiles Holder
- 1 x Space Sector Tiles Holder
Gaia Project game is not included and sold separately
Enjoy your game with Smart One Box organizers!
Gaia Project Board Game Organizer Instruction: DOWNLOAD
Share this Product
Once assembled, this insert makes setup and tear-down much faster and less fiddly, with no baggies to hunt around for. The box still closes nice and flush, and all the pieces fit together and inside very well. You can tell that some serious design work went into this. The stacking/locking player boxes are particularly nice.
The curved edge of the misc token tray (power, QICs, Gaia tiles, etc.) was an unexpectedly helpful feature, as it makes it much easier to take individual tokens from during the game. No need for piles; just set the tray down next to the board and go.
The actual assembly was fairly straightforward, and the instructions covered everything with helpful exploded diagrams. Make absolutely sure that you test fit all of the pieces for a given tray before you start gluing, as the instructions aren't kidding around about similarly-shaped pieces. Also make sure to let the player boxes dry with the acrylic covers installed and rubber-banded, so that they will fit properly afterwards.
I used Gorilla wood glue with great results, but I imagine any wood glue would work just as well.
The Less Good:
There's no way on earth this can be assembled in 20-30 minutes by the average person. I think the only way that's achievable is if you've already assembled this exact kit before, or if you're very experienced with assembling these kinds of kits. I didn't time myself, but I put in a couple of hours per session over the course of three evenings. Between punching, test fitting, planning, applying glue, clamping, and cleaning excess glue off... it's going to take a little time. Heck, just the player boxes by themselves are 14 separate glued assemblies.
That being said, the fact that this is a bit of a project might be a positive for you! The insert is very functional, and it can be appealing to have invested yourself in the construction, if that's your jam.
My set came in good condition, with one piece a little bit warped (the base plate of the basic tech tile tray). The warping made assembling that tray a little tricky, but stacking some heavy books on it (thanks, Alton Brown!) while it dried made it set up pretty much flat.
The acrylic covers for the player boxes are very nice, and the kit is better for their inclusion, but the protective plastic covers are an enormous pain to peel off. They come off the flat size very easily, but the etched side will have an individual plastic piece to remove from every flat space between the cuts, -and- a tiny sliver of plastic to remove from every single cut. The trouble this plastic caused is the only reason I removed a star, but it was such a hassle.
The suggested method of scraping the plastic bits free with a spare piece of wood did not work well for me at all. However, I had good success with using isopropyl alcohol to weaken the adhesive, then scratching the plastic free with a fingernail. You'll be cursing the designers' names by the seventh cover, but it's ultimately well worth it.
Great quality insert. I do prefer these that need glue over the ones you feel like you're going to break as you push them together, but this one does need quite a bit of glue, as the tabs have some more wiggle room than I was expecting. But the included bands and sandpaper was a very nice touch.
Literally took around 7 hours to put this together. With that being said. This organizer is perfect for Gaia project. I'm more eager to take it off the shelf for play, now that set up is so fast. I also really like the faction worlds and emblems as it adds a nice touch.
Awesome. Perfect fit, even with sleeved cards.